FREE DOWNLOAD! This response curriculum is designed to help educators consider age-appropriate ways to place Israel front and center in our lessons and special events planning. It focuses on six big ideas:
- Israel is a special place for Jews worldwide.
- Just as we stand by a friend in times of trouble, the Jewish community stands by Israel at this difficult time.
- It is important to be "critical consumers" of media, carefully evaluating the veracity and slant of the news about Israel.
- Israel anchors the Jewish people as a spiritual, national, and cultural center.
- To equate the actions of the Israeli army with those of Hamas terrorists, draws a moral equivalency that does not exist.
- There are specific actions we as American Jews can do to support Israel.
While developed in the shadow of the conflict with Israel and Hamas in the summer of 2014, it was designed to be useful at any time of year.